Kalamazoo Charter Township Home Energy and Solar Resource Center
Welcome to the Kalamazoo Charter Township Solar Resource Center. Here in our Township, we strive to find new ways of enhancing and streamlining the process of bringing solar into our community by centralizing solar-related resources and information for our residents. Below, you will find a collection of our communities solar goals and commitments as well as a wide range of information ranging from the fundamentals of what solar energy is to how to select and install a solar system on your home or business.
Basic Information about going solar
Let’s start with the basics of solar energy and your options for solar installation as a resident. The SEIA document Residential Consumer Guide to Solar Power (En Español) and the Department of Energy’s Homeowners Guide to Going Solar (En Español) are great starting points.
- The Charter Township of Kalamazoo Solar Permitting Information Solar Permitting Information can be found on our Citizen Self Service portal.
Useful Solar Information
- Development of Solar Energy Program in Virginia (Virginia Department of Environmental Quality).
- Division of Energy (Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals, and Energy).
- Learn more about solar from the Maryland-DC-Delaware-Virginia Solar Energy Industries Association (MDV-SEIA).
- Find a Solar Professional from MDV-SEIA’s directory.
Financing, Incentives, and Tax Exemptions
Pulaski County Local Incentive for Residential Solar – The Commissioner of Revenue office offers a partial exemption (50% of current assessed value of solar equipment) of personal property tax. Find more information from the Commissioner of the Revenue Webpage.