- An application for tax reduction is only valid for the year you apply. You must reapply each year.
- Please be sure to include proof of income and assets for each person who resides in your household.
- Decisions of the Board of Review may be appealed in writing to the Michigan Tax Tribunal within 35 days of the denial. A copy of the Board of Review decision must be included with the filing.
Michigan Tax Tribunal Phone: (517) 373-3003
P.O. Box 30232 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lansing, MI 48909 Website: www.michigan.gov/taxtrib
- For the application to be heard at the March 2022 Board of Review, the application must be received by March 1, 2022.
- For the application to be heard at the December 2022 Board of Review, the application must be received by December 1, 2022.
- Please deliver the application and all documents to the following address:
Kalamazoo Township Assessor
1720 Riverview Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49004
- Completed and signed application form, which includes a complete listing of ALL persons residing in this home, showing their age, employment/disability status, and income.
- Copy of most recent annual Social Security notice of amount of monthly benefit for each person in your household who receives any type of Social Security benefit.
- Copy of the 2021 Federal and State income tax returns for you AND every household member who is required to file.
- Copies of the two most recent statements for every bank, retirement, annuity, cash value, life insurance, brokerage, or other financial asset accounts held by you or any person residing in your household.