1720 Riverview Drive
Kalamazoo, MI 49004-1056
Tele: (269) 381-8080
Fax: (269) 381-3550
Job Posting Notice
Full-Time Office Assistant
Date Posted: February 29, 2024
Application Period: March 15, 2024 – Until Filled
To Apply: Send a completed township employment application, a cover letter, and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay: $20/hr. – dependent upon experience
Benefits: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Paid Sick, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, Retirement plans with employer contribution, LTD and STD Insurance, available Life insurance
Title: OFFICE ASSISTANT / CASHIER / RECEPTIONIST
Nature of Work:
Under the supervision of the Township Manager and/or a higher classified employee, serves as a full-time clerical worker, performing a variety of clerical-related support tasks in the area of assignment. Positions in this classification will require proficiency in word processing, automated data entry and retrieval, account and record keeping, and computer/software operation.
Examples of Work:
The positions in this classification assigned to the Township Manager’s Office, serve as the
“Cashier”, which involves activities such as but not limited to:
- Collects and posts current taxes, special assessments, violation charges, and other payments due the Township.
- Prepares receipts and balances cash drawer.
- Processes false alarm invoices, records payments and maintains an accurate record of account
- Collects delinquent personal property taxes and maintains records of accounts.
- Sorts, and distributes mail.
- Operates various pieces of office equipment, such as copiers, faxes, scanners, calculators, and computer equipment.
- Receives telephone calls and assists walk-in visitors. Receives complaints and requests for information or services, collects information from applicants for municipal services, explains departmental procedures according to well-defined guidelines, or refers them to appropriate personnel.
- Performs various other clerical-related tasks in a training capacity, or as workloads, temporary absences or emergencies dictate.
- Maintains a variety of related records for the area of assignment, including daily departmental activities, accounts, payments, special projects, or programs, and prepares or revises various related reports for township administrative use.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
Education: Possession of a high school diploma or the equivalent with courses in typing, bookkeeping, accounting, and computer operations.
Special Requirements: Bondable, the job assignments involve the handling and exchange of money.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: A minimum of one to three years of clerical support account/bookkeeping and office experience or the equivalent.
Excellent communication skills, organizational proficiency, and the ability to work independently and meet required deadlines while completing other tasks. Able to perform work thoroughly and conscientiously with attention to detail, identify problems and make well-informed and objective decisions, determine the accuracy and relevance of information, and use sound judgment. Able to adapt to changes in the work environment and manage competing demands.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience that could provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job should be considered.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, bend, walk, kneel, and lift and/or move items of moderate weight.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics listed above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential conditions of the job. These requirements may be accommodated for otherwise qualified individuals requiring and requesting such accommodations.
For purposes of Employment Standards, this classification is “Non-Exempt” from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are interested in applying, please send a Township Application, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com
Updated February 29, 2024
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org