The Kalamazoo Township Administrative Office Assistant
Under the supervision of the Township Manager and/or a higher classified employee, serves as a full or part-time level clerical worker, performing a variety of clerical-related support tasks.
- Collects current taxes, special assessments, violation charges, and other payments due the Township, prepares receipts, processes bank deposits, and balances cash register.
- Searches for and checks records in response to requests for information, either manually or in computerized databases.
- Investigates and collects delinquent personal property taxes, maintains records of accounts, and disburses payments to appropriate personal property tax accounts.
- Posts taxes and special assessment payments, maintains records of various accounts, and disburse payments.
- Types a variety of materials such as letters, memos, purchase orders, invoices, requisitions, and other similar items.
- Receives telephone calls and assists walk-in visitors. Receives complaints and requests for information or services, collects information from applicants for municipal services, explains departmental procedures according to well-defined guidelines, or refers them to appropriate personnel.
- Performs a variety of other duties.
Possession of a high school diploma or the equivalent with courses in typing, bookkeeping, accounting, and computer operations. Bondable, the job assignments involve the handling and exchange of money. : A minimum of one to three years of clerical support account/bookkeeping and office experience or the equivalent. Excellent communication skills, organizational proficiency, and the ability to work independently and meet required deadlines.
Other combinations of education and experience which could provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job should be considered.
If you are interested in applying, please visit Charter Township of Kalamazoo, MI (ktwp.org) or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
Applications will be accepted through the end of business on Friday, March 31, 2023
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com