Have you ever considered serving your community in a rewarding and exciting way?
The Township of Kalamazoo Fire Department maintains approximately 65 part-time, paid on-call firefighters that are made up of area residents that respond to emergency situations as needed. Paid on-call fire fighters work under the general supervision of the officers of the department and perform the duties of emergency fire and medical response operations for the residents of Kalamazoo Township and surrounding communities.
This position requires a moderate time commitment associated with training and emergency responses. All required training is provided by the Township of Kalamazoo.
General Examples of Work:
- As directed assists in the control and extinguishment of fires.
- As directed assists in extrication of patients from vehicles or other places they may be trapped.
- As directed assists in the operation of the automated external defibrillator, performs cardio pulmonary resuscitation and gives emergency medical aid as required.
- Places ground ladders, advances fire hose attack lines and all other duties related to the functions of a fire department.
- Participates in a comprehensive fire department training program to obtain certifications and maintain proficiency.
General Employment Qualifications:
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: This is an entry level position.
- Necessary Special Requirements:
- Valid State of Michigan Vehicle Operator License.
- Certification of State of Michigan Medical First Responder level.
- Michigan Fire Fighter Training Council (MFFTC) – Fire Fighter I/II.
- MFFTC – Hazardous Materials Awareness/Operations.
- Current CPR certification. (Healthcare provider or equivalent)
- Reliable transportation.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact the fire chief at (269) 381-8080 or at email@example.com. If you are interested, you can pick up an employment application at one of the locations listed below or find the application online here <insert link>. Applications are accepted throughout the year and the hiring process is done on an as needed basis.
Fire Station Locations
Township of Kalamazoo General Offices – 1720 Riverview Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49004
Township of Kalamazoo Fire Station 1 – 2617 N. Burdick, Kalamazoo, MI 49007
Township of Kalamazoo Fire Station 2 – 2703 East Main, Kalamazoo, MI 49048
Township of Kalamazoo Fire Station 4 – 1310 Nichols Rd, Kalamazoo, MI 49006
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org