Supervised By: Police Department Administrative Command Officer
The Property Room Manager is a part-time position responsible for property management within the police department. The Property Room Manager coordinates the receipt, storage, and release of property and evidence. Responsibilities include providing customer service to the community and law enforcement personnel. Additionally, the Property Room Manager is responsible for safeguarding evidence through the chain of custody with the highest degree of integrity. This is done by tracking and retrieving items efficiently, securely, and accurately utilizing the proper methods, equipment, and technology to maintain the integrity of the items entrusted in the department’s care.
Additional responsibilities include managing crossing guard duties, transport of evidence to the regional laboratory, assist with the oversight of the cadet program, and regular property room audits.
- Prior experience in the field of criminal justice is preferred.
- Experience with police records management systems and interfaces is also preferred.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365, are required.
- At least 18 years old
- Be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Have no felony convictions; misdemeanors will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Successful completion of a Background Investigation
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Current pay scale is $20.02 to $24.02
- Flexible part-time schedule Monday through Friday
To be considered for this position, complete an application and submit it, along with a resume and cover letter, to email@example.com or mail to 1720 Riverview Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49004.
Applications will be accepted until 02/10/2023.
Application information can be found at: Charter Township of Kalamazoo Employment Application – Charter Township of Kalamazoo, MI (ktwp.org)
For further inquiry, you may also contact Lt. Darien Smith at (269) 567-7523.