Township of Kalamazoo Police Department Cadet Program
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Township of Kalamazoo Police Department Cadets are responsible for tracking and serving subpoenas, delivery of confidential documents, inter-office mail delivery, fingerprints, assisting with evidence handling, maintaining departmental equipment, transporting vehicles for repair and other tasks as assigned.
Cadets must maintain student status and remain in good academic standing as defined by their respective educational institution. It is the responsibility of the individual cadet to provide proof that both requirements have been satisfied upon completion of each marking period.
- At least 18 years old
- Be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Enrolled in Criminal Justice or similar program; or interest in applying to Criminal Justice or similar program
- Have no felony convictions; misdemeanors will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Successful completion of a Background Investigation
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Able to work up to 24 hours per week between the hours of 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. Monday through Friday
- $11.50 per hour starting
- $12.00 after successful completion of probation (6 months)
- Criminal Justice networking within Kalamazoo County
- Cadet mentorship program
- Flexible scheduling
- General training necessary to perform the duties of a Police Cadet
- Observe/participate in police training
- Opportunities in the various areas of the Township of Kalamazoo Police Department
To apply please visit our website at: https://www.ktwp.org/police-employment-opportunities/
To obtain additional information, please contact Lt. Darien Smith at (269) 888-2160.
Application deadline is October 9, 2022.
To apply for this job please visit www.ktwp.org.