Police Department Administrative Command Officer and the Township of Kalamazoo Manager
The Technical Analyst is responsible for providing information technology support to the Township of Kalamazoo. This role deploys, configures, and manages platform systems. In addition, this position opens, closes and manages directory accounts, software installs, updates, server updates, patches, analysis and diagnosis of helpdesk calls and emails, and team collaboration. The Technical Analyst manages the customer relationship through maintaining open rapport with other IT departments regarding work and execution of IT consulting, projects and requests. Additionally, this position performs end-user training development and delivery of materials, including content development, format, scheduling and delivery of course materials.
Examples of Duties:
A qualified individual with a disability must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs information technology level 1 – 3 support for the Township of Kalamazoo employees and citizens; reviews tickets logged, end-user surveys and end-user feedback.
- Follows industry security best practices to predict security holes, test and measure user security access.
- Oversees the information technology on the devices for all end-users; assesses technology needs and security on the network; deploys and upgrades devices, VoIP and cellular devices, as necessary.
- Assesses informational technology organizational effectiveness which includes maintaining communication with peers to share in job responsibilities and completion of end-user support.
- Provides input into departmental policies and procedures; reviews on a frequent basis and makes the necessary changes for improvement.
- Manages vendor relationships, which includes contractors, vendors and support contract personnel.
- Manages end-user requests for future needs and current expansions.
- Creates and delivers ongoing training initiatives for all Township staff and departmentally, as needed, for projects, requests or based on gap in needs/skills.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and innovations; makes recommendations for improvements.
- Manages information technology projects effectively and implements within the agreed upon timeframes.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- A degree in Information Technology, a related field, or pertinent experience.
- Experience with Aruba, cisco, and Palo Alto devices.
- Experience with Advanced routing and switching terminologies or certifications in-lieu of experience.
- Experience with EPLs, Site to Site VPNs, and Client VPNs.
- Experience with Multi factor authentication systems.
- Experience with CJI (criminal justice information) and FIPS 140-2 validation.
- Experience with handling Microsoft 365 environment.
- Experience supporting VoIP infrastructure, or certifications in-lieu of experience.
- Experience within a supporting environment using Active Directory or certifications in-lieu of experience.
- Experience with Windows server 2008 r2 – Windows server 2022.
- Experience with virtualization (preferably hyper -V).
- Microsoft and other Network Analyst certifications are preferred.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to multi-task with competing deadlines.
- Ability to effectively work independently and within a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong, clear communicator and excellent interpersonal skills; proven ability to effectively and positively communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, prioritizes well, shows energy, responds to opportunities, instills urgency in others, and meets deadlines.
- Frequently in the general office environment, lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous conditions; occasionally performs outdoor work.
- Exposed to temperature conditions common at the time.
- Noise level is usually moderate/conversational.
- Open to flexible schedule/working hours to meet the mission of the Township.
- Frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate equipment and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to lift, move, carry, pull and push files/objects up to 100 pounds while sitting, standing, climbing or walking.
- Required to regularly talk and hear.
- Starting pay $74,364 to $89,246 annually, based on experience.
- Paid Holidays
- 8 Hours of accrued sick time per month
- 80% Employer paid medical, Dental, and Optical insurance
- Employer paid short and long term disability
- Employer paid life insurance
- 10% Employer contribution toward retirement
- Paid vacation
- 0 through 3 years: 6.67 hours accrued per month
- 4 through 10 years: 10.00 hours accrued per month
- 11 through 15 years: 13.33 hours accrued per month
- 16 through 29 years: 16.67 hours accrued per month
- 30+ years: 20.00 hours accrued per month
To be considered for this position, complete an application and submit it, along with a resume and cover letter, to email@example.com or mail to 1720 Riverview Drive, Kalamazoo, MI, 49004.
Applications will be accepted until 02/20/2023.
Application information can be found at: Charter Township of Kalamazoo Employment Application – Charter Township of Kalamazoo, MI (ktwp.org)
For further inquiry you may also contact Lt. Darien Smith at (269) 567-7523.
To apply for this job please visit www.ktwp.org.