Kalamazoo Township Parks
The Charter Township of Kalamazoo offers mini-neighborhood parks as well as a 9-hole golf course. Township park locations <links to a map showing the locations of all of the parks>
- Grand Prairie Golf Course (42 acres). Nine hole golf course.
- Stroud Family Park (1.5 acres). Picnic shelter, young kids playground equipment, tennis courts, and open space, located adjacent to the Westwood Little League.
- Rynbrandt Park (0.25 acres). Open space.
- Jenks and Grand Pre (0.3 acres). Gardens and open space.
- Lakewood Park (0.5 acres). Playground equipment and picnic shelter.
- Scheid Park aka Pinehurst and Crown (0.8 acres). Open space (limited access from Pinehurst).
- Academy and Grand (1 acre). Open, wooded space.
- Wilson Recreation Park (2.5 acres). Playground equipment, track, picnic area, benches, open space.
Other local opportunities:
- Kalamazoo County Expo Center <link>,
- Kalamazoo River Valley Trail <link >, four miles of which are in Kalamazoo Township
- Southwest Michigan Land Conservancy’s Bow in the Clouds Preserve <link>
- School playgrounds
- Parks in adjacent communities (the 2020-2024 Parks & Recreation Master Plan <link > contains an extensive list of other parks located in the region)
- 2020-2024 Parks and Recreation Master Plan
- 2015-2019 Parks & Recreation Master Plan
- Status Update (May 2018)