2023 Ice Storm Update

How do I file for an extension on my tax payments?

Under the authority of Public Act 206 of 1893; MCL 211.51, you may find information and the application to request to defer your taxes on the Michigan Department of Treasury’s website. You must apply before the summer and winter tax due dates to receive an extension. You must submit your application to the Township for consideration. A valid deferment application allows you to pay your property taxes later as long as that deadline is set.

Close window