FAQ Topic: Hazardous Waste Disposal

How do I dispose of syringes?

The Kalamazoo County Health & Community Services Department offers a free sharps collection service, including syringes and lancets.  No loose sharps or thin plastic containers.  Heavy duty plastic or medical sharps containers only. Kalamazoo County Health & Community Services Department 311 E. Alcott Street Kalamazoo, MI 49001 Phone: (269) 373-5200 Hours: M, T, W, F: … Continued

Can I dispose of unused or expired medication at the police department?

Yes! The Township of Kalamazoo Police Department has a RedMed Box located in the lobby.  RedMed Box is an easy and secure way to dispose of your unused or expired medication. Properly disposing unused and unwanted medications helps to protect the environment. It also helps to protect our community against prescription abuse, addiction, and accidental or … Continued

Close window