FAQ Topic: Miscellaneous Permits

Do I have to register my business with the Township?

According to Township Ordinance 443, applications for new business registrations shall be made to the Township prior to the commencement of business. Complete the Township of Kalamazoo Business Registration Form and submit it to Fire Marshal Todd Kowalski via email (tckowalski@ktwp.org) or mail to 1720 Riverview Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49004.

Do I need a permit for my garage sale?

Yes.  According to Zoning Ordinance Article 8, Section 8.02-P, you are required to complete the Township of Kalamazoo Garage Sale Permit Application and return it to the Township Ordinance Enforcement Officer for approval.

How do I apply for a Solicitor’s Permit?

To apply for a Solicitor’s Permit, fill out the License Application for Hawkers, Peddlers, Solicitors for Kalamazoo Township and return to the Township of Kalamazoo Police Department.  Your application will be reviewed by the Township Clerk, who will either approve or deny your application.

Close window