The Township-wide community engagement survey is now open! Submit your response to the online version of the survey.  We look forward to hearing from you!

FAQ Topic: Police FAQs

How do I sign up for Smart911?

Create a Smart911 Safety Profile and once you have signed up, first responders will be aware of important information you have provided that will help Police, Fire, and EMS locate and help you in an emergency.

What is Smart911?

Smart911 is a service that allows residents to create a free Safety Profile for their household that includes any information they want 9-1-1 and first responders to have in the event of an emergency. With Smart911, you can provide 9-1-1 call takers and first responders critical information you want them to know in any kind … Continued

How do I apply to be a police officer?

You can apply to be a police officer by printing out the application and returning it to the Township of Kalamazoo Police Department at 1720 Riverview Drive.  You may also apply online, print out an application, or request more information about the hiring process.

How do I apply for a Solicitor’s Permit?

To apply for a Solicitor’s Permit, fill out the License Application for Hawkers, Peddlers, Solicitors for Kalamazoo Township and return to the Township of Kalamazoo Police Department.  Your application will be reviewed by the Township Clerk, who will either approve or deny your application.

How do I file a complaint?

The Township of Kalamazoo Police Department accepts and investigates all complaints against our agency or employees to ensure we are providing the best possible service to our community.  If you would like to submit a complaint against the TKPD or any of its employees, please complete the TKPD Complaint Form.  You may also call (269) … Continued

How do I commend an officer?

If you would like to commend an employee of the Township of Kalamazoo Police Department, please fill out the Officer Commendation Form.  You may also commend an employee by writing a letter to the Chief of Police or the Lieutenant of Support Services at the following address: Township of Kalamazoo Police Department 1720 Riverview Drive … Continued

How do I request additional traffic enforcement in my neighborhood?

To request additional traffic enforcement in any specific location within the Township, please fill out the Traffic Enforcement Request Form detailing the days of the week and times when your traffic concern is most prevalent.  Once submitted, the Patrol Division Lieutenant will be notified of your request.

How can I obtain a background check?

Michigan State Police Internet Criminal History Access Tool (ICHAT) is the only public resource for name-based Michigan criminal history background checks.  Click here for more detailed information.

Close window